<p>Eucalyptus essential oil is extracted from the leaves of the evergreen Eucalyptus Globulus. Eucalyptus is a tree that is native to Australia. Eucalyptus oil is used to treat a variety of common diseases and conditions including </p>
- nasal congestion,
- and as a tick repellant.
- Diluted eucalyptus oil may also be applied to the skin as a remedy for health problems such as arthritis and skin ulcers.
The oil is good for the respiratory functioning of the human body and has benefits on the skin, sore and painful muscles.
Skin And Hair Care:
- • Stimulate hair follicles.
- Relieve itchiness of scalp.
- • Improves hair health and defeats baldness
- • Soothes skin and cools down the body.
- Parasite Control
- • Natural pesticide for bugs especially lice.
- • Relaxing and calming down the body. Health
- • Curbs respiratory ailments.
- • Relief for kidney stones.
- • Helps Ear inflammations.
- • Fights dental problems cavities, gingivitis and dental plaque.
- • Antiseptic for surfaces and even wounds.
Botanical Name: Eucalyptus globulus.
Aromatic Description: Minty and woody scent with a hint of honey.
Part of plant: Leaves.
Colour: Clear-Yellow with a watery consistency.
Main compounds: Eucalyptol, alpha-terpinol.
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation.
Properties: Cleansing, anti-inflammatory, purifying, Analgesic, antibacterial, insecticidal, expectorant and antiseptic.
- • Patch test on the inner forearm to be safe in case of adverse reaction.
- • Keep away from sunlight.
- • Lightly flammable. Store away from heat.
- • Avoid contact with eyes, nose, ears and mucous membranes.
- • Pregnant women should always consult before usage of essential oils
- • Not for internal use • Side effects - nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting in some cases in case of overuse
- • See a doctor in case of dizziness, feeling of suffocation and small pupils.
- • Add a few drops into your diffuser.
- • Add some drops to your hot bath.
- • Add to household cleaning agents.
- • Add a few drops in hot water or hot towel and inhale.
- • Blend with other oils for fragrance and spray.
- • Mix with carrier oils and apply on hair or skin.
- • Rub a few drops on your palms.
- • Add to your moisturizer better skin.
- • Add a few drops to a dump towel and apply directly to inflamed areas, wounds and ringworms.
- • Use a hot towel with a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil and place on the chest for respirational decongestion. Internally
- • Use as mouth rinse to freshen breath and for oral health.
- • Burn in an oil burner.